The temperature limiter allows a water temperature adjustment from 35 to 50°C for a maximum pressure of 10 bar. At pressure of 3 bar, it generally allows a flow rate of 30-35 litres per minute. The adjustment is made with the ABS operating button allowing to obtain a mixed water at constant temperature.
Moreover, limiting the temperature of the hot water coming out from the water heater (thanks to this accessory), allows to raise the water temperature in the water heater to at least 60°C, temperature at which the bacterias are eliminated.
Qualitative characteristics sought
- An automatic limiter allowing to stop the supply in case of a cold water cut. At a temperature of 60°C, you need just 2 seconds to get a second degree burn. It is therefore an anti-scald accessory. Compliant with EN1111 and EN1287 standards.
Mixing temperature block thermostatic control valve source WATTS
- The body is nickel-plated brass (anti-corrosion) and the spring is stainless steel.
- Prefer a product with a sanitary compliance certificate.
- Control knob with a scale (5 adjustment positions Min. to Max.) with a 6 sided locking screw. Accuracy of ±1,5°C between 35°C and 45°C (with balanced dynamic pressure).
- Indicative minimum flow: 5 litres/minute. Indicative flow at 3 bar: 50 litres/minute.
This safety accessory costs between £40 and £100.
The temperature limiter is mounted on the hot water outlet of the water heater, by means of a FF 20/27 sleeve and a teflon tape for sealing. Can be installed vertically or horizontally.
connection principle diagram of the security unit Source Thermor
Warning: it is compulsory to install, between the water heater outlet and the thermostatic control valve MMV-C, a copper pipe having a length of 50 cm (DTU 60.1).