The first reaction regarding your health: limit your exposure to pollutants
Share this page
Better than filtration: the prevention!
To reduce the exposure to pollution sources is the first reflex to adopt. It is also very complex to implement in practice, given the diversity of pollutants.
Some important advices (recommended by doctors) that can make the difference:
- Buy better! Look for products with the lowest emission of volatile pollutants (labeled A+). When this information is not available, try to check with the manufacturer of the products and their decoration regarding the potential chemical emission of their products.
- Ventilate your housing in all seasons, night and morning! The accommodations are better and better insulated, that’s why it is essential to ventilate your housing. To open the windows for only 15 minutes per day has a major impact on the elimination of pollutants. To ventilate in wet rooms (bathroom, laundry, cooking) is essential. Ventilate after housecleaning and several days after renovation.
- Never smoke inside of the housing. The misdemeanour is persistent even after a cigarette (incrustation in carpets, clothes, etc.).
- Make the professionals install and control your combustion system (boiler) every year. Exhaust duct sweeping is mandatory once a year for gas and twice a year for wood, oil and coal.
- Clean your air-ventilation system (cmv, cooker hood).
- Preferably use heating methods which do not stir the air and allergens (convector = air convection = dispersal of allergens). Prefer radiant heaters.
- Do not install water heater or cooking appliances in rooms too small (Volume > 8 m3 for cooking and Volume > 15 m3 for a water heater) not connected to a waste pipe.
- Never use mobile gas heating appliances, generator unit, brasier, in non self-ventilated spaces.
- Change your bedding (mites) regularly (5 to 7 years). Change your bedsheets regularly. Ventilate your bedroom every day.
- Use vacuums with high-efficiency filters for Airborne Particles. Vacuum at least 2 times a week. Especially in the presence of pets.
Read our article on how to effectively filter the indoor air: solutions and processes
Read our article on how to effectively measure the indoor air quality level
Discover our article about infrared heaters that do not stir the dust and allergens contained in the air